I recently bought Megan some erasable color pencils. I also gave her some big easel paper. She drew me a great big lady bug (I think?).
It is getting close to the end of the year. I decided it is time to print a few of my pictures. Last year I printed a calendar and some business cards. This year I decided to use the same online lab and see if they can print some larger prints.I have had a 12x36 in frame sitting in my closet for about 8 months. Over the past week I have been working on getting a few of my panoramic images ready for printing. On of my favorite panoramic images is of Seattle.
I also cropped one of my favorite Palouse pictures to that format. 
I usually crop most of my images using the golden rectangle proportions. Not only does it make the pictures look good, it is very nerdy. The golden rectangle has been used by artists and architects for thousands of years. I prefer the longer proportions. Most standard formats are almost square. The following picture compares the golden rectangle with a more standard format, 11x14 .
I am not happy with all of my photos in the standardized format. I have been spending time working on 11x14 versions of my prints. I typically use 11x14 because it is a convenient and inexpensive format to frame. You can purchase a 16x20 frame from Michael's for around $30. A 11x14 mat fits perfectly into the frame. Here is a picture of a couple of photographs hanging in my office using this setup.
I plan on replacing about 1/3 of the pictures in my house. I am also saving the new cropped versions for potential sale on my website. Who knows?... I may actually turn on the selling features of my photography website next year.
Here is a cropped version of my EricHorn.com starting page image. I still prefer the wider crop, but this one didn't turn out too bad.
I plan on printing about 10-15 different photographs. Some are older. 
I have expanded the list of prints to include requests from friends that I have received over the past year.

Please take a look at my Fotki site: http://public.fotki.com/3ric/prints/. Take a look at the pictures I am going to have printed. Email me if you would like a copy!
No comments:
Post a Comment