Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Bought a House

I have had a difficult time keeping this blog updated since I made an offer on a house in early February. I decided to buy a new house under construction. This gives me an opportunity to make changes. I have made significant changes, including changing the interior layout of the home. Here is what the house looked like a few weeks ago.


Here is the main floor.


It has one bedroom on the main floor. It will be used as a guest bedroom for now. In the future it may become an extension of the kitchen. It plan on a freezer, extra fridge, some counter and storage space and a desk.

I have always wanted a built in fish tank. There is a perfect spot. The main floor shower can be converted to a fish tank that opens to the breakfast nook. I considered having it added, but it did not make my financial cut. I made changes to the shower area so that It can be converted to a fish tank in the future (extra electrical, special water service). In the future there would be a closet door inside the bathroom for access to the back of the fish tank.

Here was the original 2nd story floor plan. It had 4 bedrooms.


Here is what it was changed to.

I always wanted a walk in shower. I increased the size of the master bath. I moved one bedroom into the master suite space and made a walk through den. I moved the closet in the other bedroom to make room for a closet/media room inside the laundry room. This area will be where I may put all my electronic equipment for my TV on the main floor.

It has an unfinished basement. Megan and I do not need the space. It will be nice if I ever decide I need more room.

This home has a view to the west. Here is a picture of my living area and breakfast nook.

Another shot of my living room and a partial view of the kitchen. I had the kitchen wall moved back so the kitchen and living area would be more open.


It has a staircase in the entry way. It won't be a grand staircase, but it should still make a very interesting entryway.



I will post more pictures in future blog updates. This activity will take up most of my life this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment