I promised my friend Ray that I would do "Hammer Blows" when we got there. A "Hammer Blow" is basically a $300 bet at a craps table (Ironic since I was trying not to crap my pants when I made the bet.) The plan was to do three consecutive "Hammer Blows" at three different casinos. The idea would be to be well ahead and have a nice bankroll for the rest of the weekend. One of the first Casinos was Binion's.
Ray picked the table, We both put down $100 on the pass line. The person did not hear me bet so he didn't place my bet. Ray one the roll +$100. Off to the next casino.
This time I got my bet down. A 10 came up. I placed the additional $200 bet. Waited for several rolls. It was exciting, my heart was racing. It is amazing how intent you can be on a dice roll. 10 came and I was $500 up within a matter of minutes.
Off to several more casinos. Bet again, up another $400. Ray was up $1000, I was up $900. Final hammer blow for me... but I lost. Still up $600. Pretty good way to get started.
Day 2. The hotel rooms downtown at the Vegas Club was pretty bad. Travis and I got up early and checked out. We woke Dean up and headed to Redrock Canyon. We took a hike.
We spent all morning visiting the park. Here is a couple pictures at the first stop.
We drove into the Redrock park area and spent several hours. There were many nice places to stop and take pictures.
Travis and I spent about 4 hours taking pictures. Dean was nice enough to join in and take a picture of me.
The color of the hills were pretty impressive. It was definetally worth the trip
Back to Las Vegas. Travis, Dean and I checked into the Luxor, had lunch with Josh and headed up the strip to catch up with the rest of the group.
We caught up with the group around the Paris Casino. Spent the afternoon playing $5 craps.
Took in the show at the Belagio.
There is always new casinos being built. This one was modeled after a modern city.
We headed back downtown and spent the evening gabling.Saturday was more of the same. Had breakfast with the group. Went shopping. Bought tickets for a show. Ray, Shankar, Dean, Travis, and I went to the Atomic Test Museum in the afternoon. (Yes we are nerd engineers). We did some gabling in the evening. I talked everyone eating at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant. Won several hundred playing blackjack at the Excaliber. Headed down to the Stratusphere at 10pm for the show.
Sunday Travis, Dean, and I headed to Hoover Dam.
They are building a new bridge downstream of the dam.
Took the 1 hr tour. Got to see the power house.

Back to Vegas. Met the group at the MGM. Played blackjack until it was time to go. I was up another $200 when we left for the airport.
We even had a nice view on the plane.
Sounds like you had a great time!!!
ReplyDelete